Warranty terms on solar energy systems
Virtue Solaris is proud to serve its clients by offering them some of the best warranty terms in Malta. We do that by carefully selecting and partnering with amazing global brands that provide a fantastic overall value in terms of quality and price, as well as by working with some of the most experienced and best qualified PV engineers and installers in Malta. With Virtue Solaris, you can have your mind at rest!
Below are some of the warranty terms we offer on our solar energy systems.
A. Virtue Solaris provides a five (5) year warranty for the entire installed system inclusive of photovoltaic modules, inverter/s, cabling, optimizers (where relevant), loggers (where relevant), mounting system and the system’s installation. Subject to terms and conditions of the present warranty policy, Virtue Solaris undertakes to bear the full cost of diagnosis, repair and replacement of any faulty system or system component (including breakdown of the system), at no cost to the customer and also covers the breakdown of the system where such breakdown is due to faulty equipment, components or installation.
B. In addition to comprehensive warranty stipulated above, Virtue Solaris offers its customers warranties provided by the manufacturers of the various components of photovoltaic systems, subject to relevant manufacturers’ warranty procedures and policies as follows:
- A twelve (12) year limited product warranty on PV panels (modules) manufactured by Worldwide Energy & Manufacturing USA Co Ltd, including factory-assembled DC connectors and cables, if any, which are warranted to be free from defects and/or failure specified for a period not exceeding twelve (12) years from the date of installation.
- A twelve (12) year guaranteed peak power limited warranty on PV modules produced by Worldwide Energy & Manufacturing USA Co Ltd (Amerisolar): Worldwide Energy & Manufacturing USA Co Ltd warrants the power output for PV modules for a period of twelve (12) years from the date of installation. If the PV module(s) exhibits a power output less than ninety one point two percent (91.2%) of the minimum “Peak Power at STC” as specified in manufacturer’s product datasheet, provided that such loss in power is determined by the manufacturer to be due to defects in material or workmanship during manufacturing, manufacturer will at its sole option replace such loss in power by either providing additional module(s) to the Customer to make up for such loss in power, or by repairing or replacing the defective module(s).
- A thirty (30) year limited power output warranty on PV modules produced by Worldwide Energy & Manufacturing USA Co Ltd (Amerisolar): Worldwide Energy & Manufacturing USA Co Ltd warrants the power output for PV modules for a period of thirty (30) years from the date of installation. If the PV module(s) exhibits a power output less than eighty point six percent (80.6%) of the minimum “Peak Power at STC” as specified in manufacturer’s product datasheet, provided that such loss in power is determined by Virtue Solaris to be due to defects in material or workmanship during manufacturing, Virtue Solaris will at its sole option replace such loss in power by either providing additional module(s) to the Customer to make up for such loss in power, or by repairing or replacing the defective module(s).
The remedies set forth in clauses (ii) and (iii) shall be the sole and exclusive remedies provided under the “guaranteed peak power limited warranty” and “limited power output warranty” respectively. Manufacturer’s full terms and conditions of warranty as well as procedure for making claims is found here: https://www.weamerisolar.eu/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/2017-Warranty-Terms-Amerisolar.pdf
- A ten (10) year limited product warranty on PV panels (modules) manufactured by Shanghai Aerospace Automobile Electromechanical Co Ltd (HT-SAAE), including factory-assembled DC connectors and cables, if any, which are warranted to be free from defects and/or failure specified for a period not exceeding ten (10) years from the date of installation. HT-SAAE also warrants the power output for PV modules for a period of twenty five (25) years from the date of installation. If the PV module(s) exhibits a power output less than ninety percent (90%) after ten (10) years from installation, or less than eighty percent (80%) after twenty five (25) years from installation, of the minimum “Peak Power at STC” as specified in manufacturer’s product datasheet, provided that such loss in power is determined by the manufacturer to be due to defects in material or workmanship during manufacturing, manufacturer will at its sole option replace such loss in power by either providing additional module(s) to the Customer to make up for such loss in power, or by repairing or replacing the defective module(s), subject to manufacturer’s warranty terms and conditions stipulated in HT SAAE warranty.
- A five (5) year limited warranty on Growatt inverters in line with the manufacturer’s terms and policy, extendable to 10, 15 and 20 years at an additional fee. Growatt warranty terms, coverage and procedures for technical support and claims is found on the manufacturer’s website: http://www.ginverter.com/list-19.html
- A ten (10) year limited warranty on single phase Huawei inverters, in line with the manufacturer’s terms and policy, extendable at an additional fee.
- A five (5) year limited warranty on three phase Huawei inverters, in line with the manufacturer’s terms and policy, extendable at an additional fee.
- A twenty five (25) years limited warranty on Huawei optimizers, in line with the manufacturer’s terms and policy.
C. In addition to the above, Virtue Solaris Ltd provides a comprehensive guarantee on all photovoltaic mounting structures installed by the company.
Mounting structures manufactured of hot dip galvanized steel and systems manufactured of extrusion aluminium alloys are guaranteed as follows:
- 20 years warranty on mechanical robustness and integrity of the structure, including fasteners used in the assembly of the structure
- 20 years protection against significant atmospheric corrosion which can compromise the mechanical integrity of the structure
This guarantee applies exclusively to PV mounting systems supplied and installed by Virtue Solaris Ltd, and is subject to the following terms and conditions:
- The period of the guarantee commences on the date of the installation of the structure by Virtue Solaris.
- The guarantee applies exclusively to triangular support A-frame mounting brackets, horizontal rail profiles, backstay members, fasteners that together constitute a mounting structure for PV panels.
- All claims under this guarantee must be made to Virtue Solaris ltd in writing as soon as possible but within not more than 10 calendar days from the claim event (structural fault) occurring. Virtue Solaris reserves the right to inspect the alleged fault before confirming validity of the claim.
- In the event of confirmation of validity of the claim by Virtue Solaris, the affected component or part of the system shall be repaired or replaced free of charge during the warranty period.
- The guarantee does not apply to:
- anchoring of the structure to any surface including roof slabs or ballast blocks of any kind; any underlying support frames, beams or structures of any kind on which the PV mounting system is installed;
- any mounting system that has been in any way modified, relocated, disassembled or otherwise interfered with from its original installed state;
- any steel wire rope vents or other auxiliary supports to the primary mounting structure;
- minor corrosion, discolouration or galvanic corrosion;
- any structures installed in locations that are located in close proximity to the coast (less than 200m) or are subject to abnormally corrosive environments that can add significantly to normal atmospheric corrosion;
- any corrosion, mechanical faults or damages occurring as a result of: lightning strikes, tornadoes, storms and severe weather events, acts of God, acts of vandalism, any failure of underlying structures or ballast,
All warranty claims must, in any event, be filed within the applicable warranty period. The above warranty shall not apply when:
- The original installation performed by Virtue Solaris has been, either in part or in full, relocated, altered or changed in any manner whatsoever without authorisation, re-testing and recommissioning of the relocated by Virtue Solaris;
- If maintenance recommendations by Virtue Solaris provided upon installation have not been followed or if maintenance has been performed by any authorized technician or not in conformity with the manufacturer’s user manual/s;
- If any damage occurs as a result of any failure or defects attributed to underlying structures such as roof space, building construction and any elements thereof and any defect in the said components or elements;
- If any damage or failure occurs as a result of voltage or power surges;
- If the system is installed in a mobile or marine environment or subjected to abnormal environmental conditions (such as acid rain, salt damage or other pollution);
- If the system is installed in a hazardous location or location which is prone or subject to accidents or hazards such as fire, explosion, pollution, vandalism or civil disorder;
- If the product’s labels, nameplates or module serial numbers are changed, erased, made ineligible or otherwise have been tampered with;
- If any of the components of the originally installed system have been replaced, changed or altered in any way without Virtue Solaris authorization;
- If the manufacturer’s inverter warranty terms have not been followed by the owner of the inverter;
- Other unforeseen circumstances or causes outside Virtue Solaris control including, but not limited to, surges, lightning, earthquakes, storms, typhoons, hurricanes, tornadoes, volcanic action, floods, tsunami, hail damage, or other acts of God.
Warranty claims will be honoured only if the product can be identified as being supplied and installed by Virtue Solaris.
Virtue Solaris shall not be liable for any incidental, indirect, consequential or special damages, injuries or damages to third parties, howsoever caused. Loss of use, loss of profits, loss of production, loss of revenues are therefore specifically but without limitation excluded.
Virtue Solaris aggregate liability, if any, in damages or otherwise, shall not exceed the purchase value of the PV module(s) as paid by the Buyer.
The “limited warranties for PV module(s)” are applicable only to Buyer/s who purchased the said PV module(s) directly from Virtue Solaris. An immediate notification of any claim shall be filed directly to Virtue Solaris. Together with the notification, the Buyer should provide a description of the claim, the corresponding module serial number(s), and proof of purchase such as a fiscal receipt issued by Virtue Solaris.
The return of any PV module(s) will not be accepted unless prior written authorization has been given by Virtue Solaris.
Any replaced modules or other equipment shall become the property of Virtue Solaris. Virtue Solaris shall have the right to deliver another type of PV module(s) or other equipment, including different in size, colour, shape and/or power or other electrical, physical and mechanical characteristics, in case production has been discontinued at the time of the claim.
The repair or replacement of the PV module(s) or other equipment or the delivery of additional PV module(s) or other equipment does not cause the beginning of new warranty terms, nor shall the original terms of the “limited product warranties” and the “guaranteed peak power limited warranty” be extended.
This warranty is transferable when product remains installed in the original location.
Buyer shall notify Virtue Solaris immediately after discovery of any claim under this Limited Warranty by letter or e-mail specifying each alleged claim including evidence of the claims (photos of defective modules and QC stamps) and the serial numbers of the product(s) at issue.
In case of any discrepancy in a warranty-claim, a test-institute such as Fraunhofer ISE in Freiburg/Germany, TÜV Rheinland in Cologne / Germany, or ASU Arizona State University shall be involved for final judgment. All fees and expenses shall be borne by the losing party, unless otherwise awarded.
- This guarantee extends to the original purchaser and to any subsequent purchasers or owners at the same location during the warranty period.
- Save for the provisions stipulated in clause (A) warranted by Virtue Solaris, warranty terms listed in clause (B) are solely subject to terms and conditions and claim procedures stipulated by the relevant manufacturers and thus constitute a warranty relationship between the said manufacturers and end customer. Virtue Solaris shall not be liable for any warranty claims or any liability concerning manufacturers’ performance under warranty claims listed in clause (B).