Virtue Solaris values your privacy and its website www.virtuesolaris.com is in compliance with the Data Protection Act, Chapter 440 of the Laws of Malta and the European Union Directive 2002/58/EC and Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR).
We have adopted a set of information management guidelines which serve as the basis for our customer relationships.
Virtue Solaris is not responsible for the content or the privacy statements of third party internet resources to which we may link.
This privacy notice is to let you know how we process your personal data. This includes what you tell us about yourself, what we learn by having you as a customer, and the choices you give us about direct marketing communications you want us to send you. This notice explains how we do this and informs you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you. We are committed to protecting your privacy and handling your information in an open and transparent manner.
When this policy mentions “we” or “us,” it refers to the controller of your information under this policy. The legal person responsible for your personal data under this privacy statement is Virtue Solaris Limited, a company registered in Malta at Sagra Famiglia Building, Triq Maestro George Zarb, Handaq Industrial Estate, Qormi.
This privacy statement sets out how we will collect, handle, store and protect information about you when:
- providing services to you;
- you use our website;
When we refer to “our website” or “this website” in this policy we mean www.virtuesolaris.com.
This privacy statement also contains information about when we share your personal data with other third parties (for example, our service providers).
In this privacy statement, your information is sometimes called “personal data” or “personal information”. We may also sometimes collectively refer to handling, collecting, protecting and storing your personal information as “processing” such personal information.
We use different kinds of personal information and group them as follows:
|Type of personal information||Description|
|Contact||Where you live and how to contact you regarding your requests related to our services|
|Transactional||Details about payments for our services|
|Contractual||Details about the products or services we provide to you|
|Locational||Data we get about where you are, which may come from your mobile phone, or the address where you connect a computer to the Internet|
|Behavioral||Details about how you use our products and services|
|Technical||Details on the devices and technology you use|
|Communications||What we learn about you from letters, e-mails and conversations between us|
|Usage Data||Other data about how you use our products and services|
|Consents||Any permissions, consents or preferences that you give us This includes things like how you want us to contact you|
We may collect or obtain such data because you give it to us (for example in a contact form on our Website), or because it is publicly available.
Other examples of what information we may collect about you include the following:
During the free registration process to become a registered member of our Website you are required to supply us with certain information about you such as your e-mail address.
We also log IP addresses, or the location of your computer on the Internet, for systems administration and troubleshooting purposes. We do not use IP address logs to track your session or your behaviour on our site.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) says that we are permitted to use personal information only if we have a proper reason to do so. This includes sharing it outside Virtue Solaris Limited, such as when we need to liaise with our suppliers or subcontractors for the purpose of providing you with a service. We can do this for the following reasons:
- to fulfil a contract we have with you, or;
- when it is our legal duty to do so, or;
- when it is in our legitimate interest, or;
- when you consent to it.
In the course of providing products and services to you, we may collect or obtain personal data about you. We may also collect personal data from you when you use this Website.
We may collect personal information about you from the following sources:
Data you give to us:
- When you apply for our products and services
- When you talk to us on the phone
- When you use our services on the web
- In e-mails and letters
- When you participate in our customer surveys
- If you take part in our promotions and competitions which we may offer from time to time
Data we collect when you use our products and services. This includes the amount, frequency, type, location, origin and recipients:
- Payment and transaction data, such as for example, when you use our services.
- Profile and usage data. This includes the profile you create to identify yourself when you connect to our Internet, mobile and telephone services. It also includes other data about how you use those services. We gather this data from devices you use to connect to those services, such as computers and mobile phones, using cookies and other Internet tracking software.
Data from third parties we work with:
- Social networks, such as when you log in to our Website through your social media accounts.
We will use your personal data to provide you with our products and services. As part of this, we may use your personal data in the course of correspondence relating to the products or services. Such correspondence may be with you, our client, our service providers or competent authorities.
In addition to the purposes connected to the operation of our business, we may also use your personal data collected via our Website:
- to manage and improve our Website
- to manage and respond to any request you submit through our Website
Using the e-mail addresses provided at registration, we periodically send promotional e-mail to our subscribers about services we offer and our advertisers. You can indicate on the registration form that you do not wish to receive e-mail information from us or our advertisers. We may contact you regarding changes to the subscriber agreement as well as to confirm registration.
We use e-mail links located in our contact us page to allow you to contact us directly with any questions or comments you may have. We will use your e-mail address to respond directly to these questions or comments.
To prevent unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to protect the information we collect online. The data controller (i.e. the party who decides for what purpose personal data is to be held or processed) for the data collected online, including but not limited to the personal information provided upon subscription, is Virtue Solaris Limited.
Virtue Solaris Limited will ensure that:
- personal data is processed fairly and lawfully
- personal data is always processed in accordance with good practice
- personal data is only collected for specific, explicitly stated and legitimate purposes
- personal data is not processed for any purpose that is incompatible with the purpose for which the information is collected
- personal data that is processed is adequate and relevant to the purposes of the processing
- no more personal data is processed than what is necessary for the purposes of the processing
- personal data that is processed is correct and up to date
- all reasonable measures are taken to complete, correct, block or erase incomplete or incorrect data
- personal data is not kept for a period longer than is necessary
- personal data is not lost
Virtue Solaris Limited shall not be held liable for any data errors in transmission not occasioned by itself, or for any unauthorised acts of third parties.
We may disclose personal information if we are required and permitted to do so by law, in accordance with the Mata Data Protection Act (Chapter 440 of the Laws of Malta) and the GDPR.
We may also share your personal information within Virtue Solaris Limited and these organisations:
- Competent authorities (including authorities regulating us)
- Companies you ask us to share your data with
- Third parties that provide services to Virtue Solaris Limited in order to for us to be able to provide you with our Website, in which case we have ensured by an agreement in writing that such third parties provide an adequate level of protection
We may share non-personal, de-identified and aggregated information with third parties for several purposes, including data analytics, research, submissions, thought leadership and promotional purposes.
We may also share your personal information if the make-up of Virtue Solaris Limited changes in the future:
- We may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business, or our assets. Or we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them.
- During any such process, we may share your data with other parties. We’ll only do this if they agree to keep your data safe and private.
- If the change to our Company happens, then other parties may use your data in the same way as set out in this notice.
Read more on the EU data protection site.
We may need to collect personal information by law, or under the terms of a contract, we have with you.
If you choose not to give us this personal information, it may delay or prevent us from meeting our obligations. It may also mean that we cannot perform services needed. It could mean that we cancel a product or service you have with us.
Any data collection that is optional would be made clear at the point of collection.
We use a range of physical, electronic and managerial measures to ensure that we keep your personal data secure, accurate and up to date. These measures include:
- education and training to relevant staff to ensure they are aware of our privacy obligations when handling personal data;
- administrative and technical controls to restrict access to personal data on a ‘need to know’ basis;
- technological security measures, including firewalls, encryption and anti-virus software;
- physical security measures, such as staff security passes to access our premises.
Although we use appropriate security measures once we have received your personal data, the transmission of data over the Internet (including by e-mail) is never completely secure. We endeavour to protect personal data, but we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to us or by us.
We will hold your personal data on our systems for the longest of the following periods:
- as long as you are a customer of Virtue Solaris Limited;
- any retention period that is required by law;
- the end of the period in which litigation or investigations might arise in respect of the product and services.
After you stop being a customer, we may keep your data for periods of time as allowed by law for one of those reasons:
- To respond to any questions or complaints
- To show that we treated you fairly
- To maintain records according to rules that apply to us
- To comply with obligations that we may have at law
- In order to protect our legitimate interests, in which case we make sure that this does not override your fundamental privacy rights at law
You have various rights in relation to your personal data. In particular, you have a right to:
- obtain confirmation that we are processing your personal data and request a copy of the personal data we hold about you;
- ask that we update the personal data we hold about you, or correct such personal data that you think is incorrect or incomplete;
- ask that we delete personal data that we hold about you, or restrict the way in which we use such personal data;
- withdraw consent to our processing of your personal data (to the extent such processing is based on consent);
- receive a copy of the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit such personal data to another party (to the extent the processing is based on consent or a contract);
- object to our processing of your personal data.
To exercise any of your rights, or if you have any other questions about our use of your personal data, please e-mail us on [email protected] or write to us at the address below:
Virtue Solaris Limited
Sagra Famiglia Building
Triq Maestro George Zarb
Handaq Industrial Estate
Qormi QRM 4000,
You may also use these contact details if you wish to make a complaint to us relating to your privacy.
If you are unhappy with the way we have handled your personal data or any privacy query or request that you have raised with us, you have a right to complain to the Office of the Information and Data Protection Commissioner in Malta or the relative data protection authority in your country. Find out on the IDPC website how to send a compliant.
We may modify or amend this privacy statement from time to time.
To let you know when we make changes to this privacy statement, we will amend the revision date at the top of this page. The new modified or amended privacy statement will apply from that revision date. Therefore, we encourage you to periodically review this statement to be informed about how we are protecting your information.
When you visit any website including our Website, a cookie may be sent to you. A cookie is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored in a user’s web browser while the user is browsing our Website. Every time the user loads the website, the browser sends the cookie back to the server to notify the website of the user’s previous activity. Your browser sends these cookies back to the website every time you visit the site again, so it can recognise you and can customise what you see on the screen according to your registered preferences.
While browsing our Website cookies may be used in the following scenarios:
- For statistical purposes to track how many users we have and how often they visit our Website. We collect information listing which of our pages are most frequently visited, and by which types of users and from which countries.
- We use other organisations to collect anonymous user information.
- Advertisers may also use statistical cookies to track who has seen an advert and clicked on it.
You can turn cookies off but if you do so, you may not be able to use all services on our Website and you might see more pop-ups and other advertising. This is because we won’t be able to limit what you see by using cookies. However, you will still be able to see our editorial content.